top of page

House Inspection For Spouse Visa 

Scientific Services Group LTD

property Inspection Report

Do you need a housing inspection for a spouse visa application?

We produce property inspection reports for UK entry clearance. Before granting entry clearance into the UK, UKVI requires confirmation the proposed accommodation is safe and suitable for human habitation, Moreover, the property will not become statutorily overcrowded with the additional occupant who will be living at the abode.

We frequently produce property inspection reports for spouse visa. This document demonstrates your accommodation meets adequate housing standards stipulated by UKVI (United Kingdom Visa and Immigration).  


The property inspection report is typically used  for settlement visa cases which include: spouse, fiance, and family visas. It is the only document that highlights an independent assessment has taken place of your accommodation to the entry clearance officer and the accommodation is adequate.

Property inspection reports may also be referred to as:

- Accommodation Certificate

- UKVI Property Inspection

- Housing Survey 

- Immigration Housing Report

- Immigration Housing Survey Report

A housing survey from Scientific Services Group LTD ensures your accommodation meets the required housing standards.  

The property inspection report is produced by surveying the house and looking at the below areas:

  • The number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation.

  • Ensure the property is safe, in a good state of repair and doesn't pose a health and safety risk.

  • Checks whether the property would become overcrowded if more people move in.

Following the housing survey, we will provide a property inspection report which is valid for 12 weeks.

Booking a housing survey for visa application

You can book a property inspection if the following apply:

  • You are the sponsor of the person(s) entering the UK

  • The person(s) will enter the UK within the next 12 weeks.

  • The property does not share a bathroom or kitchen with another household, Except when they are from the same family as the person(s) coming to the UK.

  • A current gas safety certificate from the landlord can be provided if it is a rented home.

  • Electrical Installation Condition Report for a rented home (Excluding council and social housing).

  • The property is safe, in a good state of repair and has proper kitchen and bathroom facilities.

  • The property you intend to live in is owned or lived in exclusively by you and your family (applications received for rented accommodation that is shared with members of another family will not be accepted).​

Additional Services

In-order to support your spouse visa application we can also obtain the Title Registry showing the registered legal owner of the accommodation on your behalf. The fee is an additional £15 to the price quoted for the property inspection report.


What does the accommodation certificate contain?

Our specialist environmental health practitioner will conduct a housing inspection and produce an Immigration Property Inspection Report also sometimes known as an accommodation certificate. This document will demonstrate the adequate accommodation requirement is met.


Our reports are fully compliant with UKVI (United Kingdom Visa and Immigration) guidance and fulfill the Housing legislative criteria stipulated by the Home Office. The report will look at the housing conditions and consist of the following:

  • A description of the property

  • Name of the sponsor and applicant.

  • Who owns and occupies the property.

  • Breakdown of the number of rooms and size.

  • Environmental observations concerning category 1 hazards.

  • A statement of whether the property would be statutorily overcrowded by the addition of the person seeking entry to the UK.

Housing Survey for immigration

How much does a property inspection report cost?

The cost of a property inspection is dependent on a number of factors primarily on the location and resources available within the locality. We provide housing survey's throughout the northwest regions, please see prices below as a guide.

Huddersfield                  £60

Dewsbury/Batley          £70

Calderdale/Halifax       £70

Bradford                          £70

Burnley/Pendle             £110

Keighley                          £80

Leeds                               £80

Wakefield/Barnsley      £80

Rochdale                         £75

Oldham                            £75

Manchester                     £110

Salford                              £110

Liverpool                         £160

Sheffield                           £95 

Rotherham                      £100

Doncaster                        £130

Harrogate                        £130

If you have any further queries with regards to the property inspection report costs or want to know whether we cover a particular area you can contact us on the number below.

Contact us on 07920383548

contact us

1. Fill in the GET IN TOUCH contact form and we will give you a callback to provide a quotation whilst provisionally scheduling the home survey.


2. Prior to the inspection, there is a booking form that needs to be completed.

3. Before the property inspection can take place payment needs to clear, fees can be paid via the booking form or through an invoice.

4. If you wish to pay by invoice, please select manual payment at checkout when completing the booking form.

5. The booking form can be completed by clicking on the link below:


Telephone: 07920383548

Correspondence Address:
Scientific Services Group LTD
Unit 76030
PO Box 4336
M61 0BW

bottom of page