top of page

Independent Accommodation Report

Home Office guidance stipulates an Independent Accommodation Report should be obtained. The guidance also implies a qualified person to undertake the assessment. The assessor should assess whether  the accommodation will become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 and there are no public health contraventions. 

For the success of your visa application and to satisfy the accommodation standards. It is imperative customers seek the services of a genuine company to perform a housing report for immigration, who have qualified surveyors to conduct a thorough assessment that withstands scrutiny by UKVI. 

Unfortunately, there are many rogue individuals offering property inspections who are not adequately qualified nor are they affiliated with a professional body. Many of them are not operating as a registered company which means there is little accountability in the event of UKVI scrutiny. Some of these individuals double up as immigration advisors. There is a clear conflict of interest if an immigration advisor is representing you and doing the housing report. More importantly, immigration advisors are not surveyors and have no academic training in building pathology or environmental health. The OISC exam they have undertaken is around immigration rules.


All assessors at Scientific Services Group Ltd wear an official ID when visiting properties which can be checked by the client. Our qualified environmental property assessors will provide a well-written report to UKVI which is recognised. 

Our experienced property inspectors are ready to provide property inspection reports throughout northern England, Please call us on 07920383548 or complete online form.

bottom of page