Property Inspection Report For UK Visa & Immigration

Scientific Services Group LTD

property Inspection Report

What is a property inspection report?



The property inspection report for UK immigration is required for certain entry clearance applications. This is the only document that proves an independent assessment has taken place of your property to the entry clearance officer and the accommodation is adequate. 


Adequate accommodation is a mandatory requirement in the immigration rules to join a partner, parent, dependent child or as an dependent relative in the  UK. This includes spouse and fiancé visa applications. Our housing inspection reports for UK entry clearance are recognised and accepted by UKVI (UK Visa & Immigration).

The property inspection report for spouse visa is the most commonly sought report. However, our reports can also be tailored to support fiancé visa, family visit visas and dependent visa applications.

Property inspection reports may also be referred to as:

- Accommodation Certificate
- UKVI Property Inspection
- Housing Report For Visa 
- Immigration Housing Report
- Immigration Housing Survey Report
- Immigration Report UK

- Entry Clearance Inspection Report

An accommodation certificate from Scientific Services Group LTD proves to the entry clearance officer that you meet the accommodation housing standards.  This well-structured housing report allows you to meet the accommodation test and enhances the prospect of your visa being granted.

The property inspection report is drafted after surveying the property and assessing the below:

  • The number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation.

  • Property is safe, in a good state of repair and doesn't pose a health and safety risk.

  • Checking whether the property would become overcrowded if more people move in.

Following the housing survey, we will provide a property inspection report which is valid for 12 weeks.

Do you need a property inspection report for spouse visa ?

Requirements for booking a housing  report for visa

You can book a property inspection if the following apply:

  • You are the sponsor of the person(s) entering the UK

  • The person(s) will enter the UK within the next 12 weeks.

  • The property does not share a bathroom or kitchen with another household, Except when they are from the same family as the person(s) coming to the UK.

  • Electrical Installation Condition Report for a rented home (Excluding council and social housing).

  • The property is safe, in a good state of repair and has proper kitchen and bathroom facilities.

  • The property you intend to live in is owned or lived in exclusively by you and your family (applications received for rented accommodation that is shared with members of another family will not be accepted).​

Privately rented accommodation

For rented accommodation additional checks apply and the property must have the certification below:​

  • A current gas safety certificate from the landlord.

  • Electrical Installation Condition Report for a rented home (Excluding council and social housing).

  • Valid EPC (Energy Performance Certificate), minimum rating E.

The resident surveyor is an experienced practitioner and a member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. Therefore, all our reports are recognised and accepted by the Home Office. We are a reputable environmental health consultancy with considerable expertise in immigration inspection. We provide services to both the public and solicitors/immigration advisors. 

✓  We are a traceable, independent legal entity registered as a private limited company (Ltd).

✓  Assessor registered with Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.

Assessor is an experienced practitioner with excellent credentials, holding an MSc in Environmental Health.

Reputable company with considerable experience in providing housing reports for immigration.

Please be aware of rogue surveyors who offer below-market rates. These individuals can jeopardise your visa application as they are not adequately qualified, nor are they operating as a legal business structure. Always check your immigration advisor is OISC regulated and the qualifications of your surveyor.

FAQ: Are your housing reports accepted by the Home Office?


1. Fill in the GET IN TOUCH contact form and we will give you a callback or email you with a price after consultation. 

2. Provisional booking slots for on-site inspections will be held for 24 hours only. The Booking has a confirmed status once payment clears or the Booking form is submitted and accepted.

3. Both the virtual property inspection & on-site inspection can be booked by completing the booking form which also processes payment.

4. The booking form can be completed by clicking on the link below:

Environmental health property inspection report

Scientific Services Group LTD is an environmental consultancy and staffed by a fully qualified Environmental Health practitioner who is registered with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH). We have extensive expertise in providing reports for immigration and have been providing services to law firms. Please see our reviews on Trustpilot.



  • We have developed a new mobile overcrowding housing calculator.  This tool can be used as a guide to check the number of people permitted to reside at the property.

  • The desktop version of the overcrowded housing calculator is more detailed. There is also information related to the relevant housing legislation used in the calculations and the legal definition of statutory overcrowding.

  • FREE copy of the Title Registry to support your visa application. Applicable to inspections that cost £100 or more otherwise we charge £10 for the document.

  • Entitled to a FREE consultation with a partner  immigration advisor (normally worth £60).


We offer both physical on-site property inspections and virtual online property inspection reports. We appreciate it is not always possible to get a physical inspection in certain areas. For online property inspection reports please see the section on how online property inspections are conducted.


For on-site property inspections, the environmental assessor will visit the property and conduct an immigration property inspection. This survey roughly takes 30 minutes depending on the size of the property and any questions or data that needs to be gathered by the assessor. The housing report is of equal standard to that produced by the local authority.

Our reports are fully compliant with UKVI (United Kingdom Visa and Immigration) guidance and fulfill the Housing legislative criteria stipulated by the Home Office. The report will look at the housing conditions and consist of the following:

  • A description of the property

  • Name of the sponsor and applicant.

  • Type of property ie rented or homeowner occupied

  • Breakdown of the number of rooms and size.

  • An environmental statement stating whether the property is free from category 1 hazards. We assess hazards using HHSRS (Housing Health and Safety Rating System) in accordance with the Housing Act 2004. 

  • A statement of whether the property would be statutorily overcrowded by the addition of the person seeking entry to the UK. Statutory overcrowding is defined in the Housing Act 1985 and we utilise the methodology in the legislation to determine if the property is and will be overcrowded.







Our online property inspection reports start from £80. Whereas, the price for on-site house inspections is dependent upon your location. Please see our price list for property inspection report costs UK and for an accurate quote please get in touch with the postcode. Frequently requested prices are shown below as a guide. Please note prices have been revised from 26/09 to reflect the increase in petrol/diesel.


















If you have any further queries with regards to the property inspection report costs or want to know whether we cover a particular area please contact us.



On-site home inspection & online property inspection reports

Virtual Property Inspection



*Special Offer FROM - £80

(Limited Period)

On-site Property Inspection



*FROM £70


















Resources for our customers

Contact us on 07920383548

Once the housing survey is completed, the report will be generated within 2-3 working days and sent to you in an electronic format. The property inspection report is valid for 3 months or 12 weeks once issued.


Thank you, we will be touch


Telephone: 07920383548

Correspondence Address:
Scientific Services Group LTD
Unit 76030
PO Box 4336
M61 0BW