top of page

Property Inspection Report Derbyshire

Scientific Services Group LTD
PROPERTY Inspection report.jpg
Home: About

Property inspection report for spouse visa - Derbyshire

Scientific Services Group Ltd is an environmental consultancy that specialises in housing inspections for immigration purposes. We offer both physical on-site inspections and online desktop inspections. Physical home inspections in the Derbyshire area start from £180.00. Whereas, online inspection start from £99, please see online guidance.


The accommodation certificate produced by us allows the sponsor to evidence an independent assessment has taken place of their accommodation to the entry clearance officer and the accommodation is adequate. The Home office recognises  our immigration inspection reports. For more information why the property inspection report is important, read our article "do you need a property inspection report?"

The property inspection  roughly takes 30 minutes, during the housing survey we look at the below areas:

  • The number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation.

  • Ensure the property is safe, in a good state of repair and doesn't pose a health and safety risk.

  • Checks whether the property would become overcrowded if more people move in.

Our surveyor will use a laser measuring tool to measure the rooms. Following an inspection, we will provide a report which is valid for 12 weeks. We provide property inspection reports for spouse visa, visit visa, fiancé visa applications.


We cover the following areas:

  • Crich

  • Derby

  • Doe Lea

  • Draycott

  • Dronfield

  • Duffield

  • Glossop

  • Hadfield

  • Hatton

  • Heanor

  • Hope

  • Ilkeston

  • Kirk Langley

  • Littleover

  • Long Eaton

  • Mapperley

  • Matlock

  • Melbourne

  • New Mills

  • Newbold

  • Ripley

  • Shirebrook

  • Somercotes

  • Spondon

  • Staveley

  • Stonebroom

  • Swadlincote

  • Tansley

  • Whaley Bridge

  • Whitwell

  • Willington

  • Wirksworth

FAQ - House inspection report

What type of property inspection report does the Home Office accept?

The Home office requires the housing report to be obtained from an independent company and the person performing the inspection to be suitably qualified. Scientific Services Group LTD is staffed by an environmental health practitioner who is registered with CIEH.

What's the qualification of the person surveying and writing the report?

All reports and house surveys are performed by our resident environmental consultant who has an MSc in Environmental Health and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.

What if my property does not pass the property inspection report?

The environmental consultant will highlight the hazards identified in the report and remedial work that needs to be done. A re-inspection can be scheduled afterward for a discounted price. In the case of overcrowding, the environmental consultant will explain the legislation and how the contravention has occurred.

I am renting and do not have a valid EPC can I get a property inspection report?

As its a legal requirement for the landlord to have a valid EPC with a minimum E rating before renting out the property. The property would be in contravention of national legislation and may also suggest there is also a hazard present under the HHSRS framework,

Contact us on 07920383548

bottom of page